Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Things I'm loving - Wednesday Style

So I am going to steal a little idea I saw on a friend's blog. Jennifer Rush, this blog is thanks to you! (Hope you do not mind, hehe)

Moving to Clovis, New Mexico has its negatives, but I really do not give it enough credit as I should. Moving so far away from family and friends has been one of the toughest decisions for Michael and I, but what better way to start a marriage than by completely relying on your significant other. We look to one another each and every day when the going gets rough and it only makes us stronger because of that. Every now and then we all need to be reminded about the little joys in life.

Therefore, my first thing I am thankful for is my husband. He truly is the most amazing man I know (besides my Daddy of course). He keeps me sane when I feel at my craziest. He is so fun to be around and he makes any bad day a good one. I love you, babe!


The second thing I am thankful for: POPCORN! We got a popcorn maker for a wedding gift and it is the most amazing thing. As a matter of fact, it was mine and Michael's dinner tonight. Y'all may think we are crazy, but come on, dinner of champions! 



Third thing I am thankful for: Sweet Tea. I have my Momma to thank for this addiction. Growing up, we always had a gallon of sweet tea in our fridge. With summer just around the corner, nothing tastes better than sweet tea on a hot day.


Fourth thing I am thankful for: My stinkin' cute A&M Armadillo Yard Decorator. My sister, Jenna, gave this to me for my birthday. I love my armadillo.



The last thing I am thankful for: Dry, warm weather here in New Mexico. Probably the best thing about Clovis is the dry weather. If we were still living in College Station there is no way we could shut off our A/C and open the doors and windows. Well... we could do that in CS, but would have to sacrifice nice looking hair (humidity there is ridiculous). Best part of this deal, lower energy bill. We are all about saving the monies these days. I do not have a picture of dry air, so a picture of our house in the springtime will have to suffice. ;)


Okay well after publishing the blog, I came up with ooonnnee more thing I am thankful for: Roy. He is so funny and I am super glad to have him back home with us.He will never be away from us for three weeks ever again. Sorry, Jay! And yes, he really slept like this.


Too often we can be so self-absorbed. The next time you are having a bad day, stop to think about the little things in life that make you happy and enjoy the life God gave you.

1 comment: