Thursday, March 10, 2011

What We've Been Up To

Well I am new to this whole blogging deal, but we are going to give it a go! We want to be able to update all of our family and friends on what we have been up to lately. This is going to be a long one, so I apologize in advance. Here is the jest of it:

November 2010:
WE GOT MARRIED! Our wedding was everything we could have ever asked for and more. Thank you to our family and friends who made our big day so special. I do not think we could ever thank everyone enough. It was such a relaxed, laid-back wedding and that is exactly what we hoped for. We just wanted everyone to eat, dance, and have a great time. We hope everyone enjoyed themselves. We spent our wedding night and next day in Houston, Texas relaxing (while family and friends packed our house, again, THANK YOU!) before our big move to Clovis, New Mexico. We ate a lunch at Houston's (my favorite restaurant from back home), saw a movie, ate very nice dinner at Perry's Steakhouse, and headed back to College Station to our empty house. Leaving our house in College Station was bittersweet. We bought the house thinking it would be our first home together, but God had different plans and brought us here. 

December 2010:
 We got moved to Clovis, New Mexico and unpacked. The unpacking took awhile, but I had nothing else to do while Michael was at work.

We are sad to say that we lost Paw Paw (Michael's grandfather Ray) during this month after battling cancer. He fought his hardest and now he is one of God's angels and no longer has to suffer. We all miss him. 

We spent a few days before Christmas with my family and Christmas day with Michael's family. The day after Christmas we drove to Waco, Texas to be a part of Jake and Jenna Hartsfield's wedding! Their wedding was beautiful and we are so glad we got to spend such a wonderful day with them before they moved to Charleston, South Carolina where Jake is stationed for the Navy. 

We drove back to De Leon for a few days of hunting. Guess what?? I SHOT MY FIRST DOE! The feeling was unreal and I swear my heart was about to bounce out of my chest! The initial sound of the rifle startled me and I closed my eyes when I pulled the trigger, oopps. When I opened my eyes I did not see the doe anymore and Michael feared she jumped over the fence. We walked out to look for her and my hopes were dropping fast until I spotted her in a clearing. We got summer sausage, ground meat, and tenderloins. I like to joke when we make burgers that I, literally, killed our dinner.

On New Years Eve we drove to College Station, Texas for our friends, Carolyn and Rob Hetrick's wedding. It was GORGEOUS! And so fun. I loved being able to see a lot of our friends we used to hang out with when we lived in College Station and it was a great start for the New Year. 

January 2011:
I started school at Eastern New Mexico University, and so far, I absolutely LOVE it. The campus is a good size and the people just do not get much better there. Yeah there are some weirdos, but I hope to make some friends soon. Not too much went on here, but my mom and sister Jenna did come visit and it was just what I needed before classes started! Being so far away is definitely difficult... Michael's parents also came out after classes started. They did not stay long, but I do not think Toney would know what to do with himself out in these parts. Haha. 

February 2011:
My childhood dog from home, Minnie passed away early this month. She got real sick and I prayed to God to end her suffering, which she passed the next morning. I love and miss her a lot. On that same day though, a door to door salesman came to our house. When I opened the door, an excited puppy ran straight into the house! She ran back out, but I tracked her down to see if she had tags and took her to the vet to see if she had a microchip; she did not. We currently still have her. She is ten hands full, but is super sweet and her puppy head tilts are simply irresistible. We, or shall I say Michael, named her Kimber. Imagine that! ;)

Michael went to Washington D.C. the first part of February for work training. While he away Terrie came and stayed with me. I really enjoyed it because if I was here in this house by myself I would have been sleeping with a gun under my pillow! 

We also attended a USPSA shoot at the local gun range, Patriot Outdoors, where Michael competed and placed FIRST PLACE in his division! Way to go, babe! It was his first shoot and he was definitely nervous, but wants to compete in many more to come.
 
March 2011:
It is the beginning of March so not much has gone on here, but we are going to Dallas for my mom's birthday and my cousin's wedding shower. I am SO excited to see all of my family - I miss them so much!! My wonderful, amazing, loving husband also changed my brake pads and rotors for me! Oh my goodness I extremely thankful he is so handy because those needed to be changed BAD. At the end of this month we are taking our honeymoon to VEGAS! So stoked! We are going to The Price is Right (HECK YEAH!), Cirque De Soleil "O", and Blue Man Group. SUPER stoked about Blue Man Group because after we booked our tickets we got a call back saying they would upgrade for free to the 8th row if we went and saw the show at 10pm instead of 7pm! 
Well friends, I think I have drug this out long enough. I hope to stick with this so y'all can see what's up in the Prather household. 

No comments:

Post a Comment